Dom & Tom is an end-to-end digital product development studio focused on emerging technologies. From startups to enterprise solutions, the apps we produce for our clients support their strategic initiatives first and foremost through open collaboration, forward-thinking user experience, engaging design, and cross platform development for both web and mobile. We currently have offices in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles.
Our motto is DO GOOD, BE GOOD, and we strive for that in the services we provide, the products we deliver and in our Company culture which values ethical behavior and respect of our fellow employees.
This position begins in MAY.
- Understand client goals and contribute to the development of unique visual designs and concepts
- Learn about the technical capabilities of the software and the project team to help create design concepts appropriately
- Help deliver design artifacts within budget, time, and scope parameters
- Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing and assist in QA efforts to ensure that finished software reflects designs accurately
Leadership and Communication
- Contribute to the communication of conceptual ideas and design rationale, all with a user-centered design process
- Work with Sales, PMs, and design team to provide collateral for pitch ideas and presenting ideas to clients
- Communicate with other members of your project team in order to ensure a smooth and accurate production process
- Communicate effectively with clients, customers and other designers to accurately convey your desired message
- Proficient with InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator CS5-6/CC
- Note that we work in InDesign for planning documentation, but are open to OmniGraffle and similar software
- Familiar with Sketch
- Basic knowledge of website functionality and mobile/tablet applications
- Knowledge of UX design is a big plus (e.g. wireframes, site diagrams, research, etc.)
- Knowledge of prototyping software such as InVision, Balsamiq, Proto.io, etc. is a big plus
- Strong background in the graphic arts.
- Ability to craft graphic elements, assets and visual treatments that work with responsive design systems
- Ability to produce brand standards and style guides for interactive, user-centric products
- Ability to create designs that are artistically interesting and appealing to clients
- Ability to work efficiently, both independently and in a team environment. Also is able to take direction well and approaches each project with flexibility and creativity
- Exceptional communication skills, as well as strong analytical skills, and work ethic, experience presenting and communicating design ideas and project goals to client
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Prior work experience a plus
- Able to work 15-20 hours per week at the Dom and Tom office.
- Must be able to be eligible to work for any US employer
An interaction design internship at Dom and Tom prepares you for a future of working at other interactive companies or agencies. You will learn from the guidance of amazing designers and leave with real-world experience and portfolio quality work. We respect our interns and the work they produce for us and pay $15 per hour compensation for our interns. We would love to have you join our team. Please apply by sending us a cover letter, resume, and a sample of your design work or a link to an online portfolio.
If interested in this opportunity please apply at http://domandtom.applytojob.com/apply/0qBvAxtzZW/Visual-Design-Intern