Dom & Tom is an end-to-end digital product development agency focused on emerging technologies. From startups to enterprise solutions the apps we produce for our clients support their strategic initiatives first and foremost through open collaboration, forward-thinking user experience, engaging design, and cross-platform development for both web and mobile. Dom & Tom has launched 400+ web projects and 120 native mobile applications with teams located in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles.
Founded in 2009 by twin brothers, Dom & Tom, Inc. launched as a small shop and have continued to expand year after year. Currently, we have offices in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles. As a growing company, we continually look for talented, versatile self-starters who build relationships, lead teams and consult clients on digital strategy initiatives. Our motto is DO GOOD. BE GOOD. and we strive for that in the services we provide, the products we deliver and in our Company culture which values ethical behavior and respect of our fellow employees.
In this role, the Web Developer will be responsible for the production, modification and maintenance of user interfaces for websites and applications. This role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and per client’s specifications.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 8-10 years of professional web development experience
- 2-4 years of Angular experience
- Proficiency and/or expertise in HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, BackboneJS/React and other coding modalities (Front-End)
- Proficiency and/or expertise in PHP, NodeJS, Ruby on Rails, and other relevant coding languages (Back-End)
- Strong understanding of MySQL, Postgres, or other RDBMS systems
- Prior experience working on single page data visualization
- Understanding of the underlying systems on which web applications are developed
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience creating REST-based web-services
- Understanding of agile methodologies
- Experience with scaling high-traffic systems
- Angular 2.0 experience
- Participate and monitor development team progress including implementation of coding standards and code reviews, build processes, and testing
- Work closely with the entire project team to ensure that all designs and architectural decisions align to meet the project scope, budget, and timeline
- Participate in design review activities to ensure alignment to the architectural approach
- Responsible for maintaining source control management
- Deliver across the entire life cycle requirements capture, design, build, deploy, test, and release to the app store and support
- Communicate in order to ensure the client understands the relevant technical aspects of the mobile application regardless of the mobile platform
- Enhance existing products and/or drive new product development
- Provide written and verbal communications, presentation, and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Responsible for participating in daily or weekly standups
- Ensure that standards and processes are being adhered to. Identify standards processes that can be improved to the benefit of the project or the department, or that should otherwise be revisited
Skills and Characteristics:
- Solid communication (written and verbal), presentation, and listening skills.
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including clients
- Design applications in such a way as future enhancements would be easily accommodated.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Intelligent, creative problem solving.
- Desire to learn and improve existing technical skills.
- A passion for technology in general
- Provide accurate timing estimates on work.
- Ability to communicate to stakeholders, executives and board members
- Document all work to departmental and company standards (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Use company project management and other software (Jira, Safe, etc.) appropriately per company best practices
- Reviewing projects post-mortem for process refinements for future estimating
- Promoting a project culture that encourages continuous learning and growth, while maintaining a high regard for quality
- Manage relationships with clients to ensure proper implementation of product features and handle product related issues/defects with urgency