Dom & Tom, Inc. is a full-service design and development studio specializing in strategies for web, social media, e-commerce, interactive, and mobile platforms. Founded in 2009 by twin brothers, Dom & Tom, Inc. launched as a small shop and have continued to expand year after year. Currently we have offices in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles. As a growing company we continually look for talented, versatile self-starters who build relationships, lead teams, and consult clients on digital strategy initiatives. Our slogan is DO GOOD, BE GOOD, and we strive for that in the services we provide, the products we deliver and in our Company culture which values ethical behavior and respect of our fellow employees.
As a Sr. UX Designer of the D&T UX/Design team, you would be a valued resource in researching planning and designing better brand experiences for real people. You may be responsible for gathering business requirements, creating diagrams, wireframes, low-to-high fidelity prototypes for a variety of websites, tablet and mobile applications. The Sr. User Experience designer primarily collaborates closely with clients, visual designers, and developers.
- Work with client/Chief Design Officer to gather requirements and assets, and create rounds of diagrams, wireframes, and functional specifications (in the form of documents).
- Identify user requirements by researching and analyzing users needs, preferences objectives, and working methods; study how users consume content, including data categorization and labeling
- Generate functional specifications document for all templates and user interactions for website or application
- Organize information by translating user behavior into media structure and elements; craft interactive experiences; produce workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards; prepare interaction specifications, navigation rules, organization of information, and site maps; coordinate with business, technology, visual, structural, editorial, cognitive, and brand strategists
- Plan information architecture by studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience; envision architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design; create user scenarios; prepare data models; design information structure, work-and dataflow, and navigation; evaluate information representation; conduct creative meetings
- Direct, review and collaborate with other designers on overall direction of designs
- Work with interaction design team (and later, developers) to ensure that IA/UX has been translated properly
- Project Execution Management
- Stand in front of a room of stakeholders, articulate and defend solutions with users-centered design principles
- Actively participate in, and represent user and design team concerns in all project methodology meetings
- Participate in Quality Assurance process by testing site/application implementation to verify interaction, IA, copy, and visual integrity
- Proficient with InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator CS5-6/CC, and Sketch (Note that we work in InDesign for planning documentation, but are open to OmniGraffle and similar software)
- Proficiency with prototyping software such as InVision, Balsamiq, Proto.io, etc.
- Familiar with website functionality and mobile/tablet applications
- Familiar with CMS architecture
- Familiar with project management and time-tracking software such as Basecamp, Harvest and Fogbugz
Skills and Characteristics
- Ability to craft graphic elements, assets and visual treatments that adapt and flow with responsive design systems
- Ability to Layout User Experience Artifacts, including User Sequence Maps, User Personas, Sitemaps, App Maps, and more.
- Ability to define User Personas
- Ability to conduct User Interviews
- Ability to gather business and user requirements, performance requirements analysis, and define Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Ability to collaborate with the Discovery and Implementation teams on Planning Discovery Sessions and Problem Solving client solutions
- Ability to define the product roadmap for client products
- Ability to generate low and high fidelity Prototypes
- Ability to articulate and defend design decisions to client
- Ability to multitask in a variety of user experience exercises and tools, to reveal a Product Backlog based on Shared understanding with the client and the team
- Possess analytical skills to look at your work from the point of view of the your clients and their target audience to determine how both groups will perceive the brand message
- Ability to work effectively across disciplines
- Delegate work when needed and review
- Excellent time management skills